1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

black bowties?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by mxrider34, Mar 28, 2007.

1. mxrider34

mxrider34 New Member

I just got a black 07 z71 4x4 tahoe and was wondering if anyone has painted the bowties on the grill and rear black... is it somehting i can do myself or should i find someone who paints to do it
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

There are some vinal overlays that you can get (or make) that do the trick. I supposed you could paint it. Do you have an image of what you want it to look like?
  3. mxrider34

mxrider34 New Member

yeah instead of the stock gold color just change it to black... i know the dealership in mckinney has some of them done but they were marked up 300 bucks for it
  4. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

McKinney? McKinney, Texas? Your not another one of us damn Texans are ya'? ;)
  5. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

6. Flatman

Flatman New Member ROTM Winner

You can paint it easy. All you do is remove it, shoot it with several light coats, then clearcoat a few times. I know many people who have doen this to save the $ of buying a new one already painted... I have no experience with the vinyl overlays.
  7. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts

The bow tie on our Avalanche is losing it's gold foil. It's actually peeling. Seems like I mightbe able to peel it all off, and paint it. The wife said she'd like it to be black. I wonder if it would be better to paint the outside (front), or remove the foil, and paint the inside (rear).

Thoughts anyone?