Black Chevy Bowtie (Photos) - Newly done what does everyone think?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by IdahoChevy91, Oct 3, 2011.

1. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

ok, that's always fun, peeling things off the having to put them back on.

2. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That looks good man!

3. IdahoChevy91

Just finished this today.

This is my hitch cover bowtie that I blacked out the same way I did the bowtie in front. I sanded it with 320 grit sandpaper to rough the surface up, then put on four light coats of Dupli-Color adhesion promoter. I then applied four to five light coats of Krylon Fusion primer. Followed that with five coats of both Krylon Fusion flat black paint, and then Dupli-Color acrylic enamel clear. What does everyone think? Here are some before and after shots:
    2011-08-25_16-43-48_38.jpg 2011-10-12_16-23-16_198.jpg

4. Rockstarrchevy81

How long did it take you to prep and paint everything and i'm talkin about the bowtie in the front? I'm just curious i bought mine painted already but still curious of how long it tookto prep and paint...!?

5. IdahoChevy91

All in all it took about an hour, maybe an hour and a half tops, including taking it off my donor grille and cleaning it before prep and paint. And it only cost me the 4 dollars for the clear, because I already had the primer and black from paint projects on my grand am I traded for the truck.

6. Rockstarrchevy81

Oh okay man sounds good! I was wanting to paint my front and rear bumpers but they are chrome and it's a pain to prep them before paint! I was wondering if i got them sand blasted or something that would make the whole process go really fast!

I'm about to tint my headlightsand tailights with the rvinyl vinyl tint in light smoke and smoked the turn signals on mirrors and third brake light and it's a static cling kit so it will be very easy to take off! Also the recon smoked cab roof lights need to be installed that i have had for a few months ha. After that i'm getting my tow mirror's color matched for $120 and then getting a rbp look alike grille for $300 and then i'll save up and hopefully have it finished in the next year or so but who knows lol!

7. IdahoChevy91

Sweet, your truck will look more sick than it already does. Im hoping to get the truck blacked out, lights, windows, bumpers, grille etc by the end of winter since we just got a garage at our apartment so I can throw a heater in there and use that space to paint. And then I am hoping to have the truck painted flat black by the end of the year. Also hoping to have dual exhaust coming out the back with a Super 44 that I am trying to get this week, or if that's too quiet, a Super 10 so I can wake the neighbors lol.

8. Rockstarrchevy81

The flowmaster 40 series i have has a good sound too it especially after it's broke in its even louder its a nice deep sound to it and has some drone in the cab but not allot. If you want something to be loud is the magnaflow mufflers they are a straight thru design and are not chambered like flowmasters.. I think the truck would look good blacked out after getting done with it man!

9. IdahoChevy91

Ya if I don't like the super 44, then I might go for either the Super10 since its single chamber, or an AeroTurbine AT2525 which is straight thru and loud. I had one on my 4 banger car and got pulled over 1 mile from the muffler shop the day they installed it lol. And ya, I think it should look pretty good.

10. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

ive got a super 40 flowmaster on my truck, and I love it.

Alex