1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Chevy Bowtie

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by pamessina13, Jul 25, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

Hey Guys,

I took my chipped gold bowtie and painted it black and clear coated it! Started at 10 last night and had it back on around 1130 dry to the touch. Let me know how it looks.

Attached Files:

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It looks great, :great:I'm a big fan of the black bow-tie

I just removed the amber plastic cover and the silver foil that was under it. The plastic body that remained was black.
  3. Curky

Curky New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks real good, I was thinking of doing mine white with a black border.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good!
  5. Untouchable

Untouchable New Member 100 Posts

Lookin' good! I gotta do both of mine soon.
  6. post3ll

post3ll New Member

i have always liked the look of the black bowtie, but i dont know if im sold on it. In my mind you gotta respect that golden bowtie! either way, good work.
  7. pamessina13

pamessina13 New Member

It was fairly easy to do, Unscrew it from the grille,I just scuffed it up with some steel wool, shot it with a filler primer, gave it a couple coats of black enamel and a couple coats of clear coat enamel. I was driving on the highway yesterday and got stuck behind a concrete truck and there were no chips in the emblem after that so I'd say its pretty strong paint.
  8. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member 100 Posts

Looks good to me, But black bow-ties always look good IMO. no matter the color of the truck.
  9. BoxerTwoZero

BoxerTwoZero New Member

Awesome jerb man, I painted mine black recently and clearcoated it.. I did mine at 4AM.... Drunk... Lol Somehow it turned out pretty nice
  10. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Looks good!