Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Black & Decker DCM2500B SmartBrew Coffeemaker

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by ChevyFan, Dec 26, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just got a Black and Decker coffee maker for Christmas and guess what, Black and Decker did it again.

Took it out of the box and it started leaking all over the counter like crazy again. That makes THREE Black and Decker coffee makers that went out well before their time. What ever happened to the good old days when you bought something and it lasted? Well, we're not even talking about "lasting" ... but rather even working properly at all!

First Black and Decker coffee maker - lasted a year and then went out. Just tried to make a pot of coffee one day and nothing!

Second Black and Decker coffee maker - defective right out of the box with water leak from reservoir, returned to Target with no questions asked. (Thank you Target!)

Third Black and Decker coffee maker - defective right out of the box with water leak from reservoir, not sure if Amazon will return this worthless piece of trash for full refund or not.

Anyhow, that's it, never again will I buy a Black and Decker product. Not a coffee maker, not anything, ever again.

2. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

Be careful gents: Black and Decker and Stanley Works are merging. Hope that the poor quality of B&D doesnt make it over to Stanley. BTW, did you know that Black and Decker makes DeWalt?

3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

NO WAY ?!

I like dewalt, never ever had any problems with them !:great:

Did u maybe mean crafts man ?

4. anthonyl9

anthonyl9 Rockstar 100 Posts

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've only ever had issues with their coffee makers to be honest. I think I just need to step it up to something like a $100 coffee maker and be done with it.

I was able to get this one to work, just fooled around with the screws, etc and keeping it still. I was pretty crabby when I posted that first comment as I didn't have any coffee in me! haha. I've read there are some issues with internal hoses not being connected sometimes too. The 2nd one I had just flooded out like it wasn't even connected to the heater.

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Maybe you just need to modify that sucker until it looks like the contraption on the back of the Delorean in Back to the Future.

7. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Cuisinarts work just fine. Pricey for a coffee maker but dependable.

8. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I think its like women...if they look to good they are bitchy and can't cook........:rofl:

so if a tool company makes good tools,,why the hell should they make coffee ?????!!!!!!:lol:

9. bloozy

bloozy New Member

Cuisinart also brews at coffee's perfect temperature (190-200 F).
    For any true coffee afficianados out there, have a look at this site http://www.wcrcompany.com/
    My wife and I buy from them and you would not beleive the difference!

I am not accociated other than being a customer. If I am breaking any rules, please delete.

10. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I never knew Dewalt was owned by B&D. I have a lot of Dewalt tools but wouldn't buy B&D. :gasp:

I just get a Mr. Coffee at Wal Mart and plan to replace it every couple of years. :glasses: