1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Door Handles

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Jeremy09LTZCrew, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Jeremy09LTZCrew New Member 1000 Posts

I'm beginning to think I'm the only person who wants black aftermarket exterior door handles. I've been slowly working on replacing the chrome on my truck with black and my 5 year old moved up the timeline on the door handles when he mistakenly assumed his door handle was a set of monkey bars. Therefore, I began looking for black replacements. With the sheer number of accessories for our trucks you might not think it's that hard to find aftermarket black handles. However, the only black I can find are OE replacements. Granted, I may end up going that route, but if I'm replacing them anyway, I'd love to get a blakc billet or something with a more customized look. I've looked at www.stylintrucks.com, www.autoanything.com, www.andysautosport.com. www.rbp.com, ebay, amazon and nothing. If I want to stay chrome there are plenty of options.

Therefore, does anyone know of any aftermarket retailers that might offer something like black billet door handles for a NNBS silverado?

As always, thanks for your help.... BEGIN THE GOOGLEING.
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

I wouldn't go with metal because if something is to go wrong (like a 5yr old hanging from the door handle), I'd rather have a plastic door handle break than have to make repairs to a body panel by straightening and repainting it because the handle didn't break.

As for plastic -- get the better half to get a quote for the OE parts and make sure that quote shows the part numbers. Once done, search the Internet for those -- you should get more hits.
  3. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Sometimes a little logic is all you need. Then again, I could just get a custom alarm put on it that will send a small electrical shock through the hand of anyone touching the door handle while the alarm is active. Sure, a million things could go wrong with that, but how can you put a price on humor?

Disclaimer: I don't think electocuting a 5 year old is funny....

Well, not laugh out loud in polite company funny.....
  4. Jeremy09LTZCrew

Reviving for an additional question.... Has anyone replaced the exterior handles on their truck? How complicated is it? I'm going to be either getting black handles, or getting black handles and body matching the paint. I got a quote for a shop to install them and they wanted almost $500 because they have to take the door panels off. So is it just time consuming or is it complex? Time consuming I'll do myself when I get back in country. Complex I might still do myself, but will at least consider other options.
  5. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts

Taking our door panels off it quick and easy I don't know bout the handles but they shouldn't be to difficult to pull off
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

lol I was thinking about putting a few volts to the handles myself..... give a burgler a good jolt, but not enough to cause harm. They might think twice about trying to break in. :)
  8. PantheraUncia

Actually I looked around, and found that most places that offer armor plating/ armored vehicle upgrades offer door handle, and bumper electrical shock systems. I would think if the shock was strong enough to kill someone, it would be illegal, but apparently it is not.

I might actually get some quotes on getting one installed. I am sure whom ever gets shocked by the door handles might want to sue, but they were caught trying to break into your vehicle anyway.
  9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

10. PantheraUncia