1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Flame Customs?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by 2k8z71, Nov 27, 2012.

1. 2k8z71

2k8z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I was searching the good ole net and came across this website that does retro kits. They are called Black Flame Customs. I was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with them or knows someone who has. Would like to know if they are quality stuff or not? From what I see, they use the Morimoto minis, and those are good projectors (the same ones that TRS sells). But they do offer to paint them and all.
    I sent them an email asking if I could get ones for my Silverado done and what the cost would be for a complete kit (housings, the retrofit itself, painting, HID kit, proper aim of projector in the housings...so on) I will let everyone know what they say.
    Here is the link for those interested:

http://blackflamecustoms.com/gallery/chevy/07-08-chevy-silverado/
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

HHmmm They are on my neck of the woods.... Never heard of them There is a co that makes halos for your factory lights. I know a few people have put the projector lights from a TSX inside their factory lights.
  3. 2k8z71

Although TSX projectors would be nice, I don't know if they would fit in the housings of the NNBS Silverado without some crazy cutting. The Morimotos, from what I understand, only require a slight shaving to the hole where the halogen bulb goes into and a little hole for the solenoid wires for the high beams.
    They did email me back and gave me a quote of "usually starts around $1,055" Ouch... seems steep IMO.
  4. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow, that is pricey. I checked out their site and noticed that they had a set of projector lenses for a 2005 yukon xl (non denali). Who in their right mind would pay 1,100 or more for them when you could just buy a set of denali projectors from the dealer for around $400? I guess if you wanted a custom look. But, I would just modify my denali lights.
  5. 2k8z71

True that. I wish they had offered up HIDs with projectors for the Silverado so I could buy them. Now I have to modify a set lol. At least I know where my little bonus from work is going.. lol
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Hit up some junk yards.. Find some Projector lights Cheap to try things out with.
  7. 2k8z71

Yeah I think I'm gonna end up going the junk yard route for practice. I saw the video on YouTube on pulling the lights apart but damn, isn't there a better way to do it than the dremel way?
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Nuke them A lot of people put the lights in a oven or microwave to loosen the glue..Just be carefull
  9. 2k8z71

I don't think the microwave would be a good idea because of the reflector material could cause the same effect metal in a microwave does. I have seen lots of people saying to not bake them because it wont work for the NNBS. So it seems the Dremel and heating an exacto knife is the way to go.
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Please take pics and post up..