1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Black Friday deals, are you in?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Nov 19, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was wondering if anyone here does the early morning black friday shopping. I did it the last 2 years. The first year I went to a home supply store and bought a cheap screw driver set and a few LED flash lights really cheap. Last year I scored a 10" android tablet from another home construction supply store for $45 along with a quarts heater for 75% off. Last year a store had a big gun safe for around 75% off. I did not buy one, but it was pretty funny watching people try to load it into there cars trucks. four guys lifting one guy guiding. This year I have not really seen anything that I am interested in other then a stainless steel wet dry shop vac for $19. But, I am not going to go freeze my rear off at 4:00 am to save $20. So, are any of you planning to get out there first thing friday morning? If so what are you trying to purchase?

2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This year, same as every year, I'm hitting up my local Sears. This will be my second year of being there for the opening at 4am. On the list this year is an 11-drawer 26" wide Craftsman toolbox, a 26 piece set of combination wrenches, one each for metric and standard, and a replacement set of Torx bits for my ratchets to replace my existing set that has a couple bits with broken edges. Last year there were some other pretty good deals that weren't listed in the ads, so I'll browse the store after snatching up my planned goodies. The torque wrenches I scored last year fell under that category of things not listed in the ad.

3. Pikey

I might be at my mother in laws that morning. I think that there is a sears hardware a mile away from her. I might have to check it out. Last year I went into Menard's with the plan to buy a heater and android tablet, I walked out 2 hours later and with a bill of over $300. I scored a bunch of stuff that I had forgotten that I needed/wanted. I have checked the ads this year and just don't see anything that excites me enough to go anywhere

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Not really...... because:

• Snap-On, Mac, Cornwall, etc do not do black friday deals
    • Rigid Industries does not do regular black friday deals at local stores on their LED lights
    • Amazon has better pricing on Samsung 8000 series TV's, CD's Blue Ray movies, and replacement delco parts (Dealer is not going to participate in black friday unless you are buying a new or used car......
    • Onkyo Integra, McIntosh, Marranz home theater receivers do not go on sale at the specialty audiophile shops.(unless the model year is changing)
    • We already get a great deal on RMAS through the club

I get to stay in at the house and not spend gas, sleep, work on stuff and not deal with the crazies at the stores and on the road.....

5. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I really dont either. I just dont really like a big crowds.

6. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i might do a little looking online, but thats it, not going out and dealing with that insanity.

Alex

7. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was in the market for a tool chest and Sears' Black Friday stuff started yesterday at 5pm for 'Shop Your Way' members. I saw one I liked -- a doorbuster that was 54% off the regular price -- so I signed up for the 'Shop Your Way' stuff, printed out the coupon, and picked up the 3-pc tool chest at 10am this morning. (It's just like my dad's which he has had for 34 years ... and it's still going strong, so I figured it'll last.)

Interestingly it was one of 5 complete (3-piece) units in the store -- showing just how few doorbusters a given location tends to have. There were no lines. There was no wait. There were no frantic people. It was just another day at the mall and I was pleased Sears elected to do its Black Friday stuff this early with little fanfare. :)

8. Pikey

I did not realize that they did that. I am a rewards member with them also.

9. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yup. They always have some good deals on tools around Black Friday. Check them out... and buy early where you can. :)

10. Pikey

I just checked it out. Wow, $20 for a set of impact sockets is a darn good price.