1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Friday deals, are you in?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Pikey, Nov 19, 2012.

1. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Ya that is a really good price!
  2. wmkess

wmkess Member 1 Year

I don't. I try to just find some good online deals.

Speaking of online deals, anyone know of any online truck accessory sites who are having a Black Friday sale?
  3. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I'm at the ranch, planning on staying here through thanksgiving weekend, That places me 80mi. from the nearest "big Box". Thats barely far enough to avoid the insanity !!! Got a 6 Pack of Sam Adams and a few Bud Lights stached in the fridge and there will be lots of left over goodies too. Plan on spending most of "black" friday in the shop "tinkerin'" on my old Willys truck. Ken
  4. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I ended up getting caught up in the event more than I originally wanted to. Sears did 2 waves of Doorbusters sales: one at 8pm and another at 4am. I went to the 8pm sale and the line was wrapped around the building. I did get in and snatch up the 26 piece wrench sets and a torque wrench I was after. However, the toolbox I wanted didn't go on sale until 4am. I went home for a very brief while, then turned around again and was at the store for 11pm figuring there would be another huge line around the store. Around midnight, I got in line and waited for 2 hours in the cold until store management brought us in around 2am. The line was relatively short, about 20 people. Then, I realized that the line was basically for the TVs on sale. So, I could have gone home after the 8am sale and rolled in around 4am to get the box, but at that point I just stayed till 4. But I got my $200 tool box!

The box is a base-model box, but it's a decent starter box I can keep for a couple years until I can afford a nice box. I loaded it up Saturday and already have it about 50% full of tools, so I don't have a massive amount of room for expansion. I have pics of the box, but I'll have to upload them tonight when I get home.

Was it worth staying out and around Sears for nearly 12 hours? .......... Yeah, I guess so.
  5. lokalmotive

lokalmotive New Member

My wife decided to try out the Black Friday thing at WalMart of all places for her first time. Needless to say she didn't stay gone long and only ended up bringing home a printer for the computer. Haha. I don't ever try to get out with all those folks. I'll just wait until a week or so after and catch the other sales. I might not save as much but it's not worth the couple extra dollars for me to get up that early or fight the crowds. Sears always has a lot of good deals on tools though. I need to swing by there and get some new inventory for the ol' toolbox.
  6. Crawdaddy

Here's a couple pictures of my box put in place and then loaded:

IMG_0518.jpg IMG_0519.jpg IMG_0521.jpg IMG_0522.jpg
  7. lokalmotive

lokalmotive New Member

Man that looks good! I've got something similar but without the middle section. I wanted black but red was on sale when I got it a few years back. I need to get the other 3 drawers like you did so I can keep stocking.
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That's a nice box -- more than I'll need, really. I bought the same toolbox the Monday before Thanksgiving ... at the same price you did ... with no wait. How? I signed up for Shop My Way, online -- which has no cost to it and so far, no spam, either.

For Shop My Way customers Sears started its Black Friday event the Sunday before Thanksgiving at 5pm Eastern. You could log in, print out a coupon code (actually three -- one for each section) for the toolbox you bought, and take it to the store in advance of the Black Friday sale.

It was kinda cool doing my Black Friday shopping on Monday with no people or lines around. :)

I also took advantage of 5% sale prices and a 10% coupon (total 15% discount) and free shipping from kbcarstuff.com -- where I ordered my Rigid lighting.
  9. Crawdaddy

Yeah, I saw your post about it. However, I generally dislike the ideas of signing up for that kind of stuff because while they may not send you spam now, I can guarantee they will in the future. I also didn't have the time or vehicle to fit it in without going through extra trouble during the week. I lost several hours of my life and sleep to it, but I'll live.

As for the box, it's nice for the price, but it's really a very bottom-end box in terms of quality and features. The ad claimed it was a ball bearing box, but it has the standard friction slides and also doesn't have the griplatch feature. It'll hold me over for 2-3 years until I can afford the box I want.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have been a member of their program for a few years now. (Since they bought Kmart) I never get emails from them except for my digital receipt when I purchase something. Which is nice because I would rather have an e-copy than try to keep a bunch of them stored somewhere