1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Friday Hauls

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Crawdaddy, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This year I only went to Sears, like I do every year. I made some very nice scores, but I also spent more than I was expecting. The prices were just too good! 50% off on most of the tools I got! Total cost was $550. Guess some other toys I've been wanting will have to wait. :(

The haul was:

309 Piece mechanics tool set
    Ratcheting wrench sets in both metric and standard
    1/2" drive torque wrench
    3/8" drive torque wrench
    Deep impact sockets in both metric and standard
    Shallow impact sockets in both metric and standard
    Feeler gauge set
    Free tool bag for buying $20 worth of tools.

Everything in that list was 50% off except the shallow sockets and feeler gauges. I'm not sure if they tried to trick me with the shallow impact sockets with a tag that looked like a sale or what, but I somehow paid full price for them. I also needed the feeler gauges, and full price for them was only 7 bucks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Caddiac

Caddiac Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Looks like a pretty good haul! I have a nice collection of craftsman tools but it does not stop me from wanting more! I stayed out of the stores today. Don't know about tomorrow, looks like I need to go to Sears!
  3. marko54

marko54 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Nice haul, never enough tools. Did some shopping on Amazon.com and hit some stores after lunch. By then the crowds were gone.
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

went to pepboys and got a few odds and ends, nothing special, tried to stay away from the big stores. mostly just drove around, didnt want to sit in the house, was to nice out.

may have to hit sears tomorrow, ive been looking to add to the tool collection.

Alex
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

This was the first year that I DIDN'T go out shopping, I stayed home working on my cars. I saved lot's of money!
  6. trapstud

trapstud Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well all of you probably had more fun than I did, nine and a half hours working at menards. WOOT lol! I have to say all of the customers were well behaved except for one grumpy old fart at around 2pm.
  7. sgtsjj

sgtsjj Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Very nice haul, i didnt need or want anything badly enough to deal with all the people.....so i just went home and relaxed lol
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I am far from home So I spent Fri in Chacago,Il with my wife and father. We were going to go to the Sears tower But it had a 3 1/2 hr waiting line just to get in.. So we took the Boat tour which was nice.. Today I think we are going to Cheese World in Wi and get some things.. I'll do my shopping some time next week when I'm back in NJ...

---------- Post added at 02:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

You gotta love this....

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...t-in-armed-robberies-15-others-pepper-sprayed
  9. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Man its crazy out there, my buddy went to walmart around 10 pm on thursday and 2 women were hair pulling fighting over TOWELS, I mean really towels. He said there was another fight earlier but he didnt know what caused that. BUT things ppl will do for STUFF! :no: