Black Friday Shopping Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Nov 29, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I'm going to head up to Costco to get me a new soundbar. I'm on the hunt for a good wide angle lens for my Nikon d5200 camera as well, so if anyone sees an online BF ad for one of those, please let me know.

Costco Wholesale Black Friday: $80 off Vizio 5.1 Sound bar w/ Wireless Subwoofer & Satellite Speakers Set $279.99
    Costco Wholesale [costco.com] has $80 off Vizio 5.1 Sound bar w/ Wireless Subwoofer & Satellite Speakers Set for $279.99 on November 29th (Black Friday)

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

... I'd like to find something cheaper, but my high-end hearing has gone out on me, lol. Too many concerts, engines, gunshots and ear infections I suppose. I'm able to hear up to about 12,500 hertz , unless there is some dynamic tuning involved.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Does it come with Chop Sticks?? I was on my Run this morning and drove past a HD and Walmart in Southern NJ So I stopped in got a few small things and came home.. Not that big of a rush of people at 7Am now if I TRIED that up in northern NJ Forget it...

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I hit the pre black Friday sale last week at Wally World, with my wifes employee discount I was able to get an LG 50" smart tv that connects to wifii for the game room, a Vizio 65" Smart tv that connects to wifii for the living room, and a movable wall mount for my old 40" Sony to move it from the living room to the bedroom.
    All for just under $800.

4. poncho62

poncho62 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Bought a 1hp garage door opener...reg $469 for $199.....I have 8ft high doors, so needed an extension piece..that was $49, but still a big savings.

5. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Yep, but from the comfort (and safety) of my own living room. Just got some laptops for the kids on Dell's site. Pretty good deal. They should be happy. Hell, they're better than any of the computers that I have...

- - - Updated - - -

Nice! Now, that's a deal. I need to upgrade my 42" vizio in the living room but I just can't seem to convince the wife. So, 42" it is... :)

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

That vizio sound bar at Costco was pretty good. Were going out to get a tree now.

7. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Last night I told myself I'd be good at Sears and not spend a fortune, and I did. I bought a 3-piece pry bar set and magnetic tray for $35, but today was a different story. I bought an extension bar set and bit set off Sears' website for another $100. I still did ok in my opinion, but it was more than I wanted to spend.

8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I won't support Black Friday. Too many dim wits that want to pick a fight for material items and far too many more idiots that leave after thanksgiving dinner to go camping outside a particular store just to be the first to get there grubby hands on a tv or something when they SHOULD be at home with their families where they belong... To those that are offended by me calling you an idiot: should've kept your arse at home with your family and you wouldn't be offended right now...

9. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I'm w/you burbanMan, stayed at the ranch fri w/ the family, had the usual ranch chores to do, feed some livestock, checked stock tanks, etc. Spent the rest of the time in conversation w/ family, argued politics, ate left overs, drank a few good beers, kids watched a couple movies. Granddaughter went out with her dad and bagged her first whitetail !!! All in all a great day - no Walley World, Sears, Kmart or Best buy - didn't miss them a bit. Ken