1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Front and Rear Bumpers

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by DrakeC504, Jun 26, 2012.

1. DrakeC504

DrakeC504 New Member

I've noticed alot of people have black bumpers, but when I try to find them online they are no where to be found!! I know this is a really stupid post but really, where or how do you get them black? Paint, if so what kind should I use?
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They got to be painted you can by them primered. But if you got nothing wrong with the ones you got paint them
  3. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member

4. larryleeUSN

larryleeUSN New Member

5. AMac

AMac New Member ROTM Winner

If you're looking to go with gloss black that is a near match to GM black then consider a vinyl wrap → 3M 1080-G12 for gloss or 1080-M12 for matte.
    That is my next mod. When I went to the dealer to get a price on the painted bumper they wanted about $400. The lower piece below the bumper, painted is about $200 something. I wouldn't mind getting the black ones they have on the work trucks since they are a nice black and not too flat like the plastic below the bumper.
  6. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X3 plastidip quick and easy
  7. DrakeC504

DrakeC504 New Member

Yeah I was thinking the plastidip but i just thought it wouldnt look right. I've done it to my stock wheels and it looked somewhat decent. I'm going to give it a try and I'll post a picture when its done to get y'alls opinions on it!
  8. jinsei

jinsei New Member

Totally agree with PlastiDip. It’s simple to do and a real budget saver.
  9. yuuki

yuuki New Member

Oh, I agree with the vinyl wrap. Got the same for my bumper but as mentioned it can be a bit costly. I was able to save though after asking a friend to help me deal with service providers.
  10. the phantom

the phantom Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Does anyone know if applying the PlastiDip and/or vinyl effects the functionality of the back-up sensors. I know when just a thin layer of ice is on them they sometimes are disabled. I was thinking of trying it if I can confirm it does not interfere with them.