Black front-end mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hammsfamms, Mar 20, 2011.

1. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

So I've had this truck for about a year now and I finally did some stuff to give it my own cool look. New black grille with new billet aluminum bowtie emblem. New headlights, turn signals, and side-markers. Used VHT nite-shades on the side-markers; pretty happy with the outcome. I got some weird lines after the first 2 coats because I'm impatients, but a third slithly heavier coat and a layer of clear coat fixed em up nice. 035.jpg 039.jpg

2. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

pardon my spelling, I meant impatient and slightly. let me know what you all think of my chevy!

3. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Looks good bud! You should paint your bumpers black, I think it would look sweet!

4. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

Oh yeah thanks man! btw your tahoe was my inspiration. I was thinking of powder-coating my toolbox and bedrails. How did you go about painting your bumpers?

5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great. I like the whole switch, but especially like the side markers.

6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That looks great, man! I really like the difference.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good to me!

8. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Looks good... Here's what I did with my '95 Tahoe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Grill, Black Corners, Black Bumper, Black Pre-Runner Bar, Diamind Clear Headlights and Marker lights and a polished Emblem...

9. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Mine came like that, factory paint. I repainted my front bumper last summer, just had some factory gray mixxed up when i did my fender flares and front bumper. I'm getting a new front bumper soon, I'll do a write up on how I paint that one. Plus I'm going to build a light bar once I get some other little projects done, so I'll have a write up for that

10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I like what you did,looks good!