1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black front-end mods

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by hammsfamms, Mar 20, 2011.

1. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

So I've had this truck for about a year now and I finally did some stuff to give it my own cool look. New black grille with new billet aluminum bowtie emblem. New headlights, turn signals, and side-markers. Used VHT nite-shades on the side-markers; pretty happy with the outcome. I got some weird lines after the first 2 coats because I'm impatients, but a third slithly heavier coat and a layer of clear coat fixed em up nice. 035.jpg 039.jpg
  2. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

pardon my spelling, I meant impatient and slightly. let me know what you all think of my chevy!
  3. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Looks good bud! You should paint your bumpers black, I think it would look sweet!
  4. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

Oh yeah thanks man! btw your tahoe was my inspiration. I was thinking of powder-coating my toolbox and bedrails. How did you go about painting your bumpers?
  5. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks great. I like the whole switch, but especially like the side markers.
  6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That looks great, man! I really like the difference.
  7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good to me!
  8. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Looks good... Here's what I did with my '95 Tahoe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Grill, Black Corners, Black Bumper, Black Pre-Runner Bar, Diamind Clear Headlights and Marker lights and a polished Emblem...
  9. racekid91

racekid91 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Mine came like that, factory paint. I repainted my front bumper last summer, just had some factory gray mixxed up when i did my fender flares and front bumper. I'm getting a new front bumper soon, I'll do a write up on how I paint that one. Plus I'm going to build a light bar once I get some other little projects done, so I'll have a write up for that
  10. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

I like what you did,looks good!