1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Dr311eW, Dec 28, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Dr311eW

Dr311eW New Member

Hello All, new to the forum and enjoying it so far. Was looking to put a matte black grill on the truck. Looking for easy/cheap. Any ideas on what a good route to go might be.

Thanks,

IMG_20121108_122631.jpg
  2. lonelywolf858

lonelywolf858 New Member 100 Posts

Everyone seems to be doing Plastidip. It also has the benefit of peeling away cleanly if you don't like it.
  3. Dr311eW

Dr311eW New Member

After spending a difficult day at work surfing the Internet for a solution, plasti dip is the route I am going to take. I will post pics after the weekend. Pretty pumped
  4. Dr311eW

Dr311eW New Member

IMG_20130117_183320.jpg

Whatcha think?
  5. UpsetProps

UpsetProps New Member 100 Posts

Looks good.

I had PlastiDip on mine but this summer when i went on a road trip the bugs on it ruined it. When I washed the bugs off there were little holes wherever a bug had been, I think the acids in they're guts reacted with the PlastiDip.

My back bumper lasted longer, but a recent car wash ruined that. The soap reacted with the dip and melted holes in it, so I removed it.

Still have PlastiDip on my Silverado lettering and center caps on my rims.
  6. Project1

Project1 New Member 100 Posts

We did a buddies grille frnder flares bumpers on a jeep with dupicolor spary on bed liner and has held up nicely. I also did my rims with it but i did acid etching promer first.
  7. Dr311eW

Dr311eW New Member

i used the dupicolor spray on my wheel wells. first time it didnt hold up, but i went back and sanded everything really well, used more coats and it has held up over a year now. the Plasti dip has held up for about a month, i am going to redo because there are some spots i dont like. . . but if you do around 8 coats, which is a lot, it should hold as long as you need.
  8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Looks good I did the same in my black truck I think up should look into the headlights I have to set off the white on black look