Black Grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by jlowe165, Apr 23, 2012.

1. jlowe165

jlowe165 New Member

Where can I find a black painted grill for my 2007 Chevy VortecMax? It came with painted bumper, but the only chrome on it was the grill and rear bumper. I added some billet pieces but I'd like to do a black grill with aluminum grill inserts and a polished billet bow tie emblem. Any ideas? 72982_608205864143_73201125_32043209_1204000202_n.jpg

2. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Check your local dealer, that is where I got mine. The S&H is so much online that it costs the same. Just call a couple dealers and get them to outbid each other.

I thought all the trucks with the bumper covers came with the painted grilles. I'm looking to black out my bumpers.

4. Brad Preece

Brad Preece New Member

[​IMG]

If ou know someone with any airbrush skills and some good paint, it can be done in your garage. Of course, with adaquete ventilation.
    I just did mine today in house of kolor fire orange kandy.

5. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/accessories/frameset3.cfm

here is a site that you can get it from. Exact match for your year make and model, but it's nearly $300. I was going to get mine painted but im debating on getting this or not because I don't want the paint to peel/chip if i have it blasted then painted. I cant make up my mind lol.

6. Brad Preece

Brad Preece New Member

As long as its prepped correctly and has the correct foundation for paint (catalyzed primer) and is finished with catalyzed clear, I wouldnt worry too much about peeling issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  7. jlowe165

jlowe165 New Member

8. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks 10000 times better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!