1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by groceryman, Jun 16, 2009.

1. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Was thinking about ordering some headlights off ebay with the black housing anybody using ebay lights or have any pics using black lights.
  2. jjwink

jjwink New Member

I'd like to know the same. Several guys in here have painted their tail-lights black but I am guessing you can't do this with headlights, too hot?
  3. bd1326

bd1326 Rockstar

a guy i work with smoked his headlight and tail lights, head lights are HID, he hasn't complained about them getting hot
  4. TylerR04

TylerR04 Rockstar

You can check out my headlights I got off of Ebay. The housing is black but the lenses are clear. Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I'm really happy with them. Just go to my pictures and you can see them.
  5. 04blackz71

04blackz71 Rockstar 100 Posts

i have jdm head lights off ebay and they work and look great
  6. dzmolek

dzmolek New Member

a freind of mine purchased the black housing with clear front headlights and they are crap. they look cool in the day time but are worthless at night and you can barley tell that they are on when riding in the truck at night...
  7. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

do you have a picture?
  8. J3.

J3. New Member

I recently bought some clear projector headlights off ebay; they're made by Sonar, I believe. Nice quality. They actually have REAL projectors in them, so with the HIDs I've got that nice cutoff line.

If you just buy the clear lens headlights though the light pattern will be crap. Probably what dzmolek is talking about... the reflectors aren't made properly and the lenses aren't fluted so they just throw the light around everywhere.
  9. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

if there those ebay cheapies, ewwwwwww.
  10. redneckarmyMP

redneckarmyMP Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i found some i liked on streetbeatcustoms.com but theyre gonna cost me a good bit