Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

black or white

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by MrShorty, Dec 6, 2007.

?

white letters out or black?

1. black out

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. white out

26 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. don't care

4 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just put new tires on. I always seem to get surprised when they ask, "white out or black out?" So I thought I'd ask the forum, which do you prefer? White letters out or black?
  2. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

I prefer white out, but it depends on the tire and rim package. If you're running a standard size tire and rim, I prefer white out.
  3. PepboysASETech

PepboysASETech Rockstar

Yeah stock tyres get white out. Anything else really doesnt come white letterd. Unless your talking old school then its the 3 inch white walls baby, lol. Mabe some old baby moon hub caps too.
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I could not answer either way because like the other guys said, white out on stock tires. I have 35" BFG's on my Blazer and I like the white out but A friend has the same tires on a 1989 white Suburban that looks better with black out so at least for me it would depend on the paint color and accents.
    [​IMG]
  5. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think it may depend on the brand of tire used too.
    I have kuhmo's and the letter font looks kind of retarded, so I opted for black. But I preferred the Firestone Wilderness AT's that I had on a previous truck to be showing white. I'll have to look at the Avalanche when my wife gets home but I'm pretty sure those are Firestone also with white showing.
  6. TrailFiend

TrailFiend Rockstar

i think white looks good out on muscle cars, trucks, and race cars only. no modern car looks good with white out. also, for trucks, it depends on the tire your getting. i like the look of BFG's with white out on most trucks, unless its lowered. i just bought a 99' tahoe 2dr 4wd, all black(trim/bumpers too), but im going to put BFG AT's with the white out. :neutral:
  7. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I mostly prefer white out.
  8. homer911

homer911 Rockstar 100 Posts

white out if it is RWW. black out if it is that stupid circle WETF that is :lol:
  9. RVJ

RVJ Rockstar 100 Posts

Maybe I'm just old but I like the white lettering, but then I like chrome everywhere also.
  10. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I like the white letters out