Black Out Friday (Lots of Pics)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by FrigginNoodles, Nov 24, 2012.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

So I was fortunate to have yesterday off. I decided to do some more work on deleting the chrome from my truck and wanted to share some photos.

I will be peeling and respraying the front bumper today. It is a bit more textured than the other parts due to the can of dip being too cold when I painted, also there is a spot that pulled a bit when removing the tape for the first time.

Also on my black out to do list- Plasti dip rims, sand and paint door handles flat black, spray tint 3rd brake light, re coat tail lights with spray tint (only a coat or two to smoke), smoke headlights with spray tint (again lightly so the red still shows through and so I am not bothered by the local cops), dye plastics black with the bondo restore black kit (lower valence, rear bumper plastics, tailgate protector plastic, maybe bed liner rails).

Attached Files:

2. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 2 Years 500 Posts

She's looking good noodles. :great:

3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Looks beautiful :smile: keep up the good work.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The paper and taped look is one I know well. The cardboard, however, is cracking me up! The end results are looking good. Bummer you had to re-spray the bumper...

5. FrigginNoodles

Yea, didn't have much for paper, but I have tons of cardboard. Haha

Yea pretty disappointed when I noticed the bumper. Live and learn I guess.

6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I like the work Noodles :great: But I think painting the grille and back bumper black the truck looks more like a work truck IMO

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i like it, black and chrome is over done, the red and black is a nice switch.

good job dude.

Alex

8. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks good and at least it's easy to peel off I just rid did my rims and rear bumper last week. Doesn't look like a work truck neither

9. FrigginNoodles

Thanks everyone! I'm digging it so far. Was too windy outside to paint so the front bumper is on hold for now.

I actually use the truck for work 5-6 days a week and am planning on adding a black headache rack at some point in the future. I don't really want to put a full rack on because the last one I had ended up making a mess of my old truck when it began to rust. I have thought about getting the system 1 racks which won't rust, but have a hard time justifying spending the money when the headache rack will look better and function just as well. I plan using the rack for loading equipment and as a place to tie off loads. (so I don't have to do this again...)

Attached Files: