1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

black rims or polished aluminum

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Bowen26, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Bowen26

Bowen26 New Member

man i am beating myself over this i can not make a decision. The rims are either going to be gloss black soft 8s or american racing outlaw 2s polished, the truck is going to be painted bergundy or black with a cowel hood. please help lol, i know polished is going to look cleaner but black just looks nasty with bergundy
  2. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Member

If I can find it, there is a website that you can put in your truck, color and pick the rims and it will show you what it will look like. I'll look for it and post it. It gives you an idea. I'm going all black, but I think it's on personal preference.
  3. lancer

lancer New Member ROTM Winner

i say black!!!:yipi::yipi:
  4. ThatSilverStepside

ThatSilverStepside New Member

I say it depends on the paint, black on black, or polished with burgundy, whatever you do dont put black on burgundy lol
  5. wiesmanr

wiesmanr New Member

tirerack.com will let you pick your truck, color and then show you what the rims will look like on the truck
  6. Pats1pab1

Pats1pab1 Member

OK, see if this link will work. It is thru Tire Rack. Might not have the wheels you are looking for but will give you an idea of how they look on the truck.

Search Wheels by Vehicle at Tire Rack
  7. 1flyfisher

1flyfisher New Member

Everyone is getting black wheels right now. They do look good but so does chrome and polished.
    Tough call.
    I like chrome.
    It Holds up well over time, cleans real easy.
  8. pmartin816

pmartin816 New Member 1000 Posts

I like black, but I think it really does depend on the color of your truck.
  9. Bowen26

Bowen26 New Member

lol ok, its either going to be painted black, bergundy, or candle apple red
  10. Bowen26

Bowen26 New Member

YouTube- 4bt chevy 1994 z71

i was going by this truck with the black on bergundy i think its look nice but i do agree that chrome or polished would look cleaner