1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black Tips Chipping

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by CornhuskerChevy, Sep 20, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. CornhuskerChevy

CornhuskerChevy New Member

I drive a ton of gravel roads...prbly 75% of my driving. I am going to have custom 45's Dual exhaust done after harvest and was looking at the black tips from either RBP or AFE, I am however concerned with them chipping a lot...can anyone give me some info?
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ID think they wouldnt chip but i cant wait to see the truck put up some pics cause i plan on runnning the same exhaust
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Hey husker i have a rbp tip on my exhaust and it is a heavy duty tip. It has a very durable powder coat on it but if i were you i would contact roland at rbp and get his professional opinion. Hes a very helpful guy and very knowledgeable. I hope to get some pics up soon, that tip is pretty sweet! Goodluck and i hope this helped.
  4. Eslingerj

Eslingerj New Member

if you come out 45s and they tuck them up where they are suppose to and you have decent mud flaps i wouldnt worry about chipping since they are powder coated i think you will be fine.....