1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Black versus Tan interiors

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Which color interior is easier to keep clean?

1. Tan

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  2. Black

7 vote(s)
    70.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Which do you think is easier to keep clean, a black interior or a tan interior? Or another color?

My current truck has a tan interior and my next vehicle will have an all-black interior. I am in a debate on another forum about which is easier to keep clean. I say black because it doesn't show stains as easily as tan. Another guy said black is harder to keep clean becuase you can easily see dust, lint, hair, etc. I said that is easily solved with a vacuum cleaner while stains require chemicals and scrubbing.

What say you GMTC?
  2. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

6 of one half dozen of the other? I guess I'd have to ask cloth or leather? My black leather stayed way cleaner than my old mans tan leather, and my nbs was older had more miles and I had filthy clothes after work. But my new truck with cloth...never again! I can not keep these cloth seats clean for anything.
  3. McClintoc

Cloth would be more difficult to clean than leather, regardless of color. My current truck is cloth but my next car will be leather.
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My truck has black cloth and the wifes car has tan leather.
    My cloth is much easier to keep clean, wipe over it with a lint roller once a week or so and vacuum when I wash the truck.
    The wifes needs to be cleaned all the time and shows dirt/stains easily even though its leather.
    Yes being leather the dirt/stains wipe off with a good leather conditioner, but it shows the same a day or so later.
    Her carpets are permanently stained and nothing ive tried has been able to fully clean them.
  5. poncho62

poncho62 Member 100 Posts

Can you even get a vehicle with black interior anymore?...Haven't seen one in years. Most are grey or tan these days....My 97 has blue
  6. McClintoc

Oh heck yeah. Actually, I think all black is making a comeback.
  7. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

To keep clean black is obviously easier, but in terms of over all usability I prefer my neutral interior because it doesn't get to hot in the summer and finding parts for that color is quite easy and the paint for the plastic is readily available. Also black doesn't look as nice in a white truck and well GM Summit White is kind of my thing lol.
  8. McClintoc

Exterior color definitely influeces interior color. I got tan in my current truck (which is maroon on the outside) becuase a black interior just didn't look as good. My next car will probably be blue or grey in which a black interior will look good.
  9. squatchy

squatchy Member 100 Posts

Exterior color vs interior is just a matter of opinion. I'll take my black interior in my white truck over tan or gray 100% of the time.
  10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Tan...because seat cover.

Also, it doesn't torch your backside in the middle of summer!