Black versus Tan interiors

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by McClintoc, Aug 12, 2014.

?

Which color interior is easier to keep clean?

1. Tan

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Black

8 vote(s)
    72.7%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Fozzy

Fozzy New Member

I would have to use a caveat.. Vinyl or Leather seats clean easier regardless of the color.. I personally HATE the fabric the seats in my truck are made of,,, If I could change one thing.. it would be having something other than this material that catches and interlocks EVERYTHING that it comes in contact with

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I have driven black interior vehicles before and IMHO they are MUCH harder to keep clean. So much stuff in life today that we eat and carry around can leave white flakes all over the place. Just spilling a large order of McDonalds fries on a black interior carpet can quickly show you how hard salt and little bits of fried potato are to get out of the carpet, lol. Spill the same thing on a tan interior and it's not as big of a deal.

Mud and dirt (which is huge, btw) is the main exception I think. ??

3. squatchy

squatchy Active Member 100 Posts

Haha @ChevyFan thats why you eat them fries at home not in the vehicle! (btw that drop down menu for tagging, NICE!)

4. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Neither, your paying a premium for vinyl that looks like leather. For the price of the upgrade, I want 100% 1/4 inch thick raw hide leather. Not the imitation stuff.

5. Cheez

Cheez Rockstar 100 Posts

My truck had black cloth and my Jeep has tan leather. The black cloth was loads easier to keep clean!

6. lenb

lenb New Member

check out the new cocoa/dune color on chev.truck (leather)