BlackBear Data log

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sierra11, Oct 21, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. sierra11

sierra11 New Member 100 Posts

Okay some of you guys that have blackbear maybe able to answer this, after logging I noticed my max torque was only 324Lbs. These trucks are rated for 360 and then with my mods I was thinking maybe 370. Why did I get such a low number?
  2. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

What's the RPO code for your engine?
  3. sierra11

The RPO code is LQ4
  4. dobey

dobey Member 100 Posts

Stock rating on the LQ4 seems to be 360-370 lb-ft at the flywheel. Note that the data logging is more than likely calculating power based on vehicle speed vs. engine speed, which would mean you'd be getting an approximate number for power at the wheels. Given a 15-20% loss through the drivetrain after the flywheel, I'd say the number line up ok, and you're probably making ~380 lb-ft at the flywheel.
  5. sierra11

Oh okay I know what you're saying. I was curious too because my friend has the same truck except 2 years older and he only put out 310. Well thanks for the info I can't wait for the tune to get here!
  6. sierra11

hey guys I have the new pcm in and damn I can definitely feel the difference. Does anyone now how accurate the readings on HP and Torque are when logging data? Cause if it is then I am putting out some pretty good numbers
  7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

what are you using to log your data?
  8. sierra11

the device from blackbear
  9. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Member 100 Posts

maybe because your doing the mail order tune?
    or is that something your just logging for yourself to just keep track of things?

i did my tune in person, and for some reason Justin was not able to give me a readout of my horsepower and torque, the only two pieces of information i crave to know to this day.
  10. sierra11

It was one of the parameters to choose from so I figured it should read correctly since it's reading everything else