Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blacked out badges

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by canislupis69, Nov 16, 2009.

1. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

In my quest to rid my truck of all of its chrome I was going to just debadge the doors, but after seeing so many others do the same, I decided to go a different route and paint the black. The prep work took forever! (The last pic is kind of hard to see, but I painted it flat black) I know, I could have taken them off and painted them and stuck them back on, but with my luck they would have ended up crooked.
    Before:
    [​IMG]

During:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
  2. 2wheelmudder

2wheelmudder Rockstar 100 Posts

i think thats a great idea im sure it looks good in real life just bad light in the pic, your truck is very nice
  3. 1S1K

1S1K Rockstar 100 Posts

good work

I like that idea and good job on the prep work. Looks good would love to see more pictures further away!
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Wow I'll be the first to say that I hate it when chrome is painted, BUT I give you a lot of credit for not being like every one else and just debadging them. That is the first time I have seen some one do that to those badges, and I have to say that I really like it in the flat black. The prep work you did for that is amazing in it's detail, but I guess that's a good thing because you wouldn't want that over spray on that shiny truck. Awesome job over all, and let's see some further away shots to get the full effect of it. :great::great::great:
  5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Good job, Bobby. The devil's in the details.
  6. NKL&DIME

NKL&DIME New Member

Awesome! Such a small and obvious mod never came to mind! Good work on the prep, such tedious work woulda made a quitter outta me :no:
  7. DIGS16

DIGS16 Rockstar 100 Posts

that tape job must have taken foreeeevvvvvvveeereeerrrr, nice job
  8. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Very inovative canislupis69... :glasses: Looks awesome!!! :great:
  9. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is a cool looking mod. Great imagination to do something a little different instead of just de-badging! You've probably inspired a few people now, keep up the great work.:great:
  10. 09Z71BLKBST

09Z71BLKBST Rockstar 100 Posts

I absolutely love your truck, and i wish I had the money and talent to make mine look that good!