1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blacked Out Chevy Emblems & Badges

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ffdsmokeeater, Jul 22, 2012.

1. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

So I'm contemplating blacking out my all of the chevy emblems on my silverado. I've seen it done on white trucks, and looks very sharp. I'm wondering how it would look on a black truck.

I've already ordered the black chevy bowties. My plan was to just remove all of the remaining chevy badges, but when I saw the painted ones on a white truck, it got me thinking...

I believe there is a member on the board who did this to his truck. Below are the images of what I found on another site.

What do y'all think?!?

p2.JPG p3.JPG p7.JPG p9.JPG p10.JPG p11.JPG
  2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know how it will look on a black truck. Have you considered another color, or using Hydro Dip, or some kind of different pattern like a mossy oak?
  3. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  4. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

All, thanks for the ideas! I checked out the links, maybe a carbon fiber hydro-dip would like pretty sick. I'll give it some thought!
  5. AnimalYates

AnimalYates New Member

I think that would look really good on your truck man. Hydro dipping would look great as well, thinking that I might go with carbon fiber dash accents to replace the wood grain on mine in the future. If you want an idea of how it will look, google a Silverado or Sierra 'Regency badlander' edition. The interiors are SICK!
  6. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

Wow, that is pretty sick!... yeah, I'm going to have to think about it some. The carbon fiber hydro-dip would probably look pretty sick, but I kinda wanted to go for the all blacked out look.

I think if I painted them flat black, it would give them a nice balance to blend in with the rest of the truck, but also contrast with the black gloss paint if you're really looking for them.
  7. ffdsmokeeater

ffdsmokeeater New Member

8. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member

Unless you're 100% sure that you can do it right the 1st time I would buy spare badges and work on those.
  9. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

This amy sound kinda dumb to some people but I will ask anyways. If you remove the decal whether it be the Silverado or Sierra how do you get the right spacing and location when you go to replace it? I thought about doing something to my Sierra badge but couldn't come up a solid way of putting them back in the same location. I thought about using tape to mark the location with a box around it but I didn't think that gave a good enough placement. Thought about drawing an outline of the letters in like a grease pen or something easy to remove. But easy to remove also means easy to remove before the job is complete.