1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blacked Out Complete

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by jerrynino, Feb 10, 2009.

1. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member

thanks... more mods to come after the summer
  2. aftriathlete

aftriathlete New Member

Hey man, sick truck. I've been looking at body lifts lately. If you have minimal rubbing with those tires, why not just go for a 2" body lift -- that should be just enough to clear right? And they seem pretty easy to install in an afternoon in the driveway.
  3. stagutters

stagutters New Member

Nice job,

My truck is burgandy but I have been changing the chrome over to black (not sure how much I want to do) I blacked out the bowtie and concidered doing the whole grill. Did you take it somewhere to get your grill painted or did you spray it yourself if so what with?
  4. AllBlkdOut07

AllBlkdOut07 New Member

I'll chime in, I did mine both ways, myself and let a bodyshop do it. I'm picky and pretty darn good with a rattle can, did it right using etching primer, basecoat, clearcoat and wet sanding out the orange peel and mine looked great, but stone chips beat it up pretty good. The one from the bodyshop looked perfect and has held up much better. Spend the $100-200 and have the pros do it.
  5. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member

i couldnt find a 2 inch but i did find a 1.5 inch which should be enough... they should clear
  6. jerrynino

jerrynino New Member

what he said... have you seen his truck? he obviously knows whats up... im picky myself but there hasnt been many chipping on mine... only one to be exact and i covered it up already... the pros will do a way better job than me though :lol: