Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Blacked out grille bowtie and chrome rear bowtie

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by USMC_SILVERADO, Mar 22, 2011.

1. New to the forum, just got a 2011 crew cab this past Jan. (traded in my 08 ext cab). I plan on going with the black and chrome look for this truck. I ended up reading every DIY post on black bowties. So I finally decided to do mine to see how it would come out and it wasn’t bad at all... So then I attacked the rear bowtie But instead of taking the whole emblem off I just took the top bow tie out (used fishing line) and decided to keep it chrome. id post some pics but i have no service to email the photos to myself will do later.

love the forum BTW.

any Suggestions on chrome handle kits? And good websites to order from?...

2. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

Hope to see some pics; I'm also going for a black and chrome look on my 1997 C1500. Check it out before:
    035.jpg

and after:
    039.jpg

good luck with yours can't wait to see some pics

3. here are some pics... sorry no step by step pics.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  4. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

They look awesome!!,great job!

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Job well done Sir!

6. black03silverado

black03silverado Rockstar

very cool great job!!!

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very nice, Sir!!

8. dadngt

dadngt Rockstar 100 Posts

On my dads 07 Silverado the gold colored cover on his tailgate bowtie fell off somewhere while driving, but not just looks like he has a chrome bowtie. lol I'm thinking of pulling mine off for a color change that I haven't seen yet will post pics when it gets done.