Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blacked out not sure what I should next

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by ahmitchell1, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Looks good. Take care of that grille and bumper and you'll be set.

Here's a pic of my front end.

[​IMG]
  2. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

im guessing the rear bowtie and the side moldings are all held on by adhesive?
  3. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I would get painted door handles and tailgate handle for a cleaner look. I would paint your grille, and add a billet grille (like Blackout07).

Id keep the side mouldings and bowtie though, its too plain without those!
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  4. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Yes the molding and bowtie are held on by adhesive, to take them off you can a blow dryer to warm up the adhesive then take fishing line to get inbetween the molding and the body. Your fingers will hate you but slowly you can get them off. When they are off you'll have adhesive on the truck so something like goo gone or buying a 3M adhesive removing wheel can take off the adhesive. You'll also have a ghost residue left over and a good clay bar or compound and polish will take care of it. :glasses:

Here is a few of videos:

and one for the side molding

5. ahmitchell1

yea i got a good heat gun i just was making sure they wouldnt leave holes. i cant really decide the molding might come off. im looking into getting the black 2012 grille. i might be getting another car of mine repainted so i might end up getting this truck completly painted a nice deep black. just need to see how much im wanting to spend.next thing to go on is HD mirrors and some long overdue window tint
  6. ahmitchell1

I just got the black and silver decals. can anyone help me out on the proper way to put them on,thanks.
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Best way is to use water with a little dish soap mixed in a spray bottle, spray the side of the truck, peel off the decal backing and spray it too. Now when you apply the decal you can slide it around to get it positioned properly. Once you have it where you want it take a small plastic or rubber squeegee and work all the water out from under the decal. I've done this myself so I know it works really well.
  8. ahmitchell1

I ended up getting the tow mirrors. Has anyone seen anywhere to get the new z71 appearance package front grill? And will it fit on the 09. I was hoping lmc would have it because I gotta get stuff for the other truck.
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah excatly what i did. It's really easy i have a kit for decals with the spray along with razor and squeegee. The main thing is don't spray too much on the area you apply it too then will be too much liquid to squeegee out. Same goes with the back side of the sticker. I just installed the black and silver z71 stickers on my truck last week since the stock one's i don't like.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

I'm pretty sure they make a z71 apperance package for the 07-12 since they are basically the same thing just the newer ones have the air dams and others don't other than that yeah they should have one. Idk what all comes with it since my truck is a Z71 package from dealership i'm guessing your's is 2wd?

10. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Have you checked out GMpartsdirect.com? I have ordered a few things from them and they have fast shipping.