Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

blacked out stock grill

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by 2000 silvy, Mar 3, 2010.

1. 2000 silvy

2000 silvy New Member

so today i decided to bite the bullet and get somethin done i never liked the vertical bars on the first nbs grills so my plan was to black them and the bowtie out but i noticed my fake chrome on the main bar was peelin so i dicided just to paint the whole thing i used the duplicoulor metal cast primer and spray its still too light and more charcoal than black hopefully it darkens up with a couple more coats but i dont mind the way it looks now i dont have any before pics but i have one with the silver primer and the second coat of black so prob 2 more coats then gonna throw it on and see how it looks :)

2. bozerama

bozerama New Member

pics ??????????

3. Kyles03

Kyles03 Rockstar ROTM Winner

You could just buy a stock black tahoe z71 grill shell??

4. 2000 silvy

2000 silvy New Member

no pics yet still tryin to figure it out well half the paint on the cross bar didnt stick very well and i just flaked it off fml gonna take pics after i get it fixed i was lookin at buyin the shell but it was only 30$ to do it myself

5. 2000 silvy

2000 silvy New Member

seeing how good it turned out i was thinkin withthe xtra paint mayby i could do the inside chrome part of the headlights? would it darken it up quite a bit orwould it not even be noticable enought to do?