1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

blacked out tail lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Custom04Chevy, May 6, 2009.

1. Custom04Chevy

Custom04Chevy Rockstar 100 Posts

I finished my tail lights this weekend. I'll post the pics as soon as I can find my usb cable. I think it looks pretty good with the limo tint on my truck. I was thinking about painting the rims black too what do you think?

[​IMG]
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

To help you out on the rims,would need see pictures of the whole Truck.
  3. Custom04Chevy

[​IMG]
  4. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

dont paint your rims black man. To me black only looks good on black red and white.
  5. Custom04Chevy

Thats what I was thinking too. I was thinking about getting some cheap take offs or some rims from a junk yard and painting them to see how they look.

Heres the tail lights by the way.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

I think they came out pretty good.
  6. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

look good what do you do them with.
  7. bkrhoades

bkrhoades New Member

I agree, the chrome rims look good with that color!
  8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Go with a deep BRONZE, would look sweet with the blue!
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I like the Rims as they are,Chrome They look Great!!...BTW Nice job on the Tails:great:.
  10. Custom04Chevy

I saw a truck that was the same color as mine yesterday that had black rims and I really didn't like it at all. I think I'm going to stick with the chrome.

I used 3 coats of VHT nite shade and finished with 2 coats of clear coat I got at autozone. I don't remember the brand.