1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blacked out tail lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by heavy chevy, Nov 5, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. heavy chevy

heavy chevy New Member 100 Posts

Well i night shaded my tail lights today. Tomorrow i will be wet sanding them and adding the clear. If you plan to do this be sure to clean the nozzle if not it will spit everywhere and get spots on the lens. I am pretty happy on how it turned out. But we will have to wait till tomorrow to see how it looks after the clear and buffing is done. Pics coming soon
  2. DIGS16

DIGS16 New Member 100 Posts

ohh nice... let me know how it goes been thinkin of doing this to mine as well
  3. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

look forward to some pics, would like to do mine too.
  4. WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit New Member

Hopefully you didn't go SO BLACK that you can't even see your brake lights now. LOL!
  5. ShortyzKustomz

ShortyzKustomz New Member

I did mine about 2 weeks ago, still need to wetsand the clear and buff them, did the third brake light too, I kept it pretty light on these since its my daily and illegal here in Va. Havent got a second look yet, where as my Toyota..... yeah need some brighter bulbs in that truck haha

[​IMG]

Looks alot more red for some reason in this pic...That tailgate makes me look huge haha
    [​IMG]

And the Yota for comparison...
    [​IMG]
  6. b_burdine

b_burdine New Member 100 Posts

your license plate is hilarious.
  7. DIGS16

nice job on the tail lights... was it difficult?
  8. ShortyzKustomz

If your're talking to me, no it was very easy, less then an hour plus dry time from start to finish
  9. DIGS16

what really?? o man now i really wanna do this
  10. ShortyzKustomz

Yeah depending where you're at sometimes its harder to get Niteshades...They dont carry it in most stores around here...I work at Autozone and we cant get it shipped even, But just go to Napa, tell them you need part number SP-999 And they can have it next day. I used transparent model paint before, but ended up with better results with the Niteshades