Blacked Out

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by canislupis69, May 23, 2010.

1. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

I have not really been around here in a while. Between work, Air Force reserves and working on my truck...
    Made a lot of changes. I got rid of the 1 1/2 inch strut spacer to help with my front end angles and added a Zone 1 1/2 inch body lift so Im still at 7 1/2 inches. I had the front and rear bumpers powder coated black, the grill painted black, I ditched the drop in bed liner and had the bed Line X'd. I added Recon LED tail lights and 3rd brake light, removed the 4X4 decals and I blacked out the exhaust tips. I bought the rear wheel well liners to hide the body, but have not had a chance to install them yet.
    Next I am trying to decide what to do with the headlights...either clear them or get Recon projectors with HID's...not sure yet. Im also going to paint my rear shocks black.
    Sorry for bad pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I actually got it in the garage to wax it
    [​IMG]
  2. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member

i'm loving the black out look!!!
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Wow it fits!!!!! Looks sweet......
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 New Member

Wow! I was wondering when the new Night Rider truck was going to be out!:lol: Just joking! Looks very nice!!!!! You have did a great job! Thanks for the pictures!:glasses:
  5. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Thanks for the compliments! I just put the rear wheel liners in yesterday, but Im not sure I like them....they look real cheap plastic. I may take them out and just order the PA gap guards.
  6. wileycoyote

wileycoyote New Member

Totally Solid Truck

Wow, I would have to agree, the blacked out look is Tough to Beat! I have a '04 Z71 Arrival Blue. I am slowly getting rid of any chrome and going black. Or blue! Chrome just doesn't sit with my tastes. Plus, it can be EXPENSIVE to buy all that bling.
    Talk with you some later, Chris
  7. bigdaddy77084

bigdaddy77084 New Member

Sweet ride....
  8. trapstud

trapstud New Member

Cool Ride. The blacked out exhaust tips show that you have a lot of pride in your truck.
  9. blacknight97

blacknight97 New Member

did you take off the side body moldings that were on it?
  10. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Thanks everyone for the compliments! My truck did not come with the side body moldings.
  11. SoCal Chevy

SoCal Chevy New Member

I love all the blacked out work, but i personaly think your truck had a better stance with the strut spacers. just my 2cents
  12. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

My angles were bad on the front end with the spacers in, so I needed to take them out. The spacers were an inch and a half so I added the inch and a half body lift. As soon as I put the BL on I had wished I had gotten the 3 inch BL.
  13. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 New Member

Nice clean look. :great:
  14. x3no

x3no New Member

Pimpin truck man, love the blacked out look. Can't wait for the 3" BL upgrade that's coming later. lol ;)
  15. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 New Member

Damn..........the truck is looking mean:) Love the change!!
  16. bradb55

bradb55 New Member

Very nice! I love the blacked out look. Very stealth.
  17. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

Thanks for the comments everyone!
  18. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member

Truck looks real nice,love the painted bumpers.Why don't you just undercoat the wheel wells.I know there are guys out there that are getting their wheel wells LINE XED also.I undercoated my wells and the whole underside of my truck when i bought it last year and the wells look great and with all the salt that they put on the roads here a great investment.
  19. mus99gt

mus99gt New Member

Your truck looks awesome!!! Great job. I like your rims and lift.
  20. canislupis69

canislupis69 New Member

I got the wheel well liners because they cover the gap left by the body lift. The gap is not real bad with only a 1 1/2 inch body lift, but dont like to be able to see through to the other side from the wheel well. If I take the liners out I am going to need to get some gap guards.