1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blacked out

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Tym C, May 13, 2011.

1. Tym C

Tym C New Member

I am about to get my truck repainted and i wanted to get all black decals when its done. I am looking for the bowtie and the 1500 in black. Also does any one now where i can get a black grille and the mirror covers? I am tring to get rid of all the "chrome" that comes on the truck.

* 99 Silverado ex-cab
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  2. Metaluzc

Metaluzc New Member 100 Posts

Just go to google and type in "1999 silverado black grille" or "1999 silverado black grille assembly". You should find what you need that way.
  3. rhill20

rhill20 New Member

I have done some of what you are talking about. Like Metaluzc said, look on ebay. That's where I found the black bowtie for the tailgate. Mine came with the front and the mirrors blacked out or murdered as some call it, so I would probably advise the google route as Metaluzc did. Also, I just took a hairdryer and some weedeater line and removed all of the badging. Just left it "naked" so to speak. Since the pic's were taken I have also removed the Z71 decal and blacked out the rear bumber with some bedliner. Will get some updated pic's soon. I plan on doing the wheels also, but I'm waiting until the stock tires need replaced.

[​IMG][​IMG]
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  5. Blackout07

Blackout07 New Member 100 Posts

Paint is your friend. It will save you a lot of money too.
  6. Tj07classic

Tj07classic New Member

paint is the way i went, its more time and to be honest if you learn how its a skill that will let you mind be the limit not the internet and parts houses.
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Make certain to have "site:gmtruckclub.com" at the front of that.