Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Blacking out my Rockstarr "STAR" with Blackout Vinyl will this work?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey guy's i have extra Blackout vinyl that i get to keep for free until i get my Light smoke vinyl for all my lights on my truck. I was thinking about using my heat gun along with the kit i got to install the vinyl to clean and prep before and after installation along with a nice razor blade. I think this would be allot cheaper than painting them and allot quicker to do 4 Star's off my center cap's! I plan on starting on this monday sometime and shouldnt take a hour or so to get done. I think this is a really good idea let me know what you think guys's!

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Like 3 m vinyl?

3. Rockstarrchevy81

I have the Blackout Vinyl made by rvinyl to go on headlights and such they are Static cling fit and i already have everything to put them on. They can easily be takin off and i plan on cleaning the stars really well and i have a heat gun and a weji to get all the air bubbles and everything out and have a razor. I will prob cut them not to go exactly around the star but just enough for it to go around the back to stick on without having to worry if i cut them perfectly. I plan on doing this tomorrow mornin or so and should be cake.

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Well... vinyl is a pain to work with but i did kepp getting better and better as i kept doing it. I got all them done but was not pleased with the outcome since it has small creases left and air bubbles that wouldnt come out! I just took it off and installed the chrome ones like they were lol! I will be getting my lights tinted soon since the Light smoke vinyl pre - cut for headlights and tail lights will be in this week hopefully! I plan on just getting my buddy to do it for me and not deal with it!