Blacking out my Rockstarr "STAR" with Blackout Vinyl will this work?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey guy's i have extra Blackout vinyl that i get to keep for free until i get my Light smoke vinyl for all my lights on my truck. I was thinking about using my heat gun along with the kit i got to install the vinyl to clean and prep before and after installation along with a nice razor blade. I think this would be allot cheaper than painting them and allot quicker to do 4 Star's off my center cap's! I plan on starting on this monday sometime and shouldnt take a hour or so to get done. I think this is a really good idea let me know what you think guys's!

2. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Like 3 m vinyl?

3. Rockstarrchevy81

I have the Blackout Vinyl made by rvinyl to go on headlights and such they are Static cling fit and i already have everything to put them on. They can easily be takin off and i plan on cleaning the stars really well and i have a heat gun and a weji to get all the air bubbles and everything out and have a razor. I will prob cut them not to go exactly around the star but just enough for it to go around the back to stick on without having to worry if i cut them perfectly. I plan on doing this tomorrow mornin or so and should be cake.

4. Rockstarrchevy81

Well... vinyl is a pain to work with but i did kepp getting better and better as i kept doing it. I got all them done but was not pleased with the outcome since it has small creases left and air bubbles that wouldnt come out! I just took it off and installed the chrome ones like they were lol! I will be getting my lights tinted soon since the Light smoke vinyl pre - cut for headlights and tail lights will be in this week hopefully! I plan on just getting my buddy to do it for me and not deal with it!