1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blank Key

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TonyHimself, Mar 20, 2009.

1. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

so im going to make a spare copy of my key, but the thing is that i dont want it to look like a stock key. i want it to look somewhat unique. Like have the key look funky but still work.
    any ideas?
  2. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Er... Spray paint it lime green?
  3. 04blackz71

04blackz71 Rockstar 100 Posts

put a diffrent key ring on it with the newer keys they have chips in them for anti theif so painting is about the only way i think i may be wrong
  4. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

5. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm not sure what the keys in an '02 are like, but if they're like the ones I have for my '94 (teeth only on one side), that won't work.
  6. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

Keys for 95 and up are double sided..

Your 94 is shorter, and square. 95 + is double sided, a bit longer, and square but rounded of tops.. the newer ones than that are even more rounded. Not sure about the brandy new ones.
  7. Bluewater

Bluewater Rockstar

keys

I have seen some really funky looking keys at various stores like Ace Hardware and Lowes or Home Depot. Even some small stores have many different colors and head styles if that is what you are wanting.
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The actual keyed portion you wont be able to change, painting it might even create tolerance problems in the lock.
    But if your handy with a dremel tool you could take anything you want to put on the head of the key and trim it out with the dremel then glue the key head inside of it.
    Like a rock, or a wrench.
  9. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

10. TonyHimself

TonyHimself Member

im looking for an interesting head design. But i keep finding house keys not truck keys lol