Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Blending Door Actuator Removal

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by Crazeetxn, Apr 21, 2009.

1. Crazeetxn

Crazeetxn Rockstar

Howdy all -

Need a little help. The door on my 86 won't open or close automatically. After further inspection, I keep hearing a hissing from the actuator. If I disconnect the little plastic piece on the door, the arm moves a little bit here and there and sometimes I can push the door closed when it's on max, but evetually, it pops back open. I'm gonna assume that there's a problem with the actuator. But how do I get to it? I've seen a couple of screws that are in there from the back and 4 larger flat top bolts, rivets, etc., that look like they hold it on.

Any suggesstions would be GREATLY appreciated. Gettin a little warm down here and would like to cool the cab vs. just my feet :)

TNT

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I'm sure someone will chime in soon with the answer or you could look at the thread in the Q&A section titled "Repair Manuals" and after accessing the database you could do a search for the repair procedure for that blend door.

3. Crazeetxn

Crazeetxn Rockstar

WOW!!! That was a really great site. Thank you for the info...