1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blew it...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by BurbanMan, Dec 28, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

He head gasket went south today around cylinder 3...

Attached Files:

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Man that stinks. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get it fixed soon.
  3. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

i don't have the money to fix it. It's gonna have to sit for a couple months. Lamborfeeties will be my mode of transportation until tax time

Attached Files:

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Ugh. That's rough. Was it building or all of a sudden?
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

all of a sudden. I check the oil every two days. It was clean the other day. Was running great when I went to the store to buy oil on my lunch break. When I pulled it in the shop after clicking out the check engine light came on an it had a nasty miss. I went ahead and changed the fuel filter and began changing the oil as was planned and I saw the dreaded coffee..... I'm PRAYING the intake gasket blew out real bad by the oil cross over. I understand that's a common issue with these late 95-2000? Vortecs
  6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Yay! Well I forgot to report back on this. I replaced the intake gaskets on the truck and it DID fix the issue. The driver rear gasket was blown all to crap.