1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blizzak tires, snow tires need advice.

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by EdPDX, Dec 11, 2007.

1. EdPDX

EdPDX New Member

I talked to the fellow at the tire shop. He advised that I should keep the 20" Milanni wheels for non-winter driving. Said that I should buy a set of rims -stock off a blazer or Suburban, and fit them with 245/75 R16 snow tread with studs. I was thinking about the Blizzaks; but I don't find them in that size for WS-60 Blizzak. Can I go to a narrower tire with a stock Blazer rim?

thanks,
    Ed
  2. FireRed

FireRed New Member

I have run Blizzaks they are a great tire just a very soft compound, not sure what years Blazer you have but many of the older models have narrower rims. Putting a narrow tire on a wide rim is tough on the side walls. My 97 Sub rims are quite a bit smaller then my 02 Sub rims, you should be able to fins similar ones to fit yours.

Phil
  3. EdPDX

EdPDX New Member

Sorry I didn't mention what kind of vehicle I asking about. I was inquiring for my 98 GMC Suburban K1500. The rims at Les Schwab that came off a Blazer I think, were to be fitted with 245/75 16. I just thought that if I went with a narrower tire I might have more mchoices.

Ed
  4. homer911

homer911 New Member

you can also run 265-75-16. i just bought a set of Kelly winterfires for my s-10 and they are nice a little noisy on the freeway though. But what u want for a snow tire.