1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Block Question

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by lancer, Feb 23, 2010.

1. lancer

lancer Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Hey guys i have a question about the stock blocks on a truck. when i put my lift on i took the stock
    1 1/2 blocks out and installed the new 6" blocks. my question is i just seen a new 2500hd with a 6" lift with the new blocks installed on top of the factory blocks. is that right? i mean i 'm sure he had someone do it for him (works at my wifes bank) but i was just wondering if anyone has done this or is it totally wrong. i wouldn't think it would be safe to put the blocks ontop of each other but just wasn't sure.......

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I would not risk it. It's too easy to be flexing your axle and have the blocks spit out. If anything, get longer shackles or higher-arched springs. It's very dangerous to be stacking them that high.

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I do not think that is safe at all. The blocks with my lift replaced the OE blocks.

4. ajfdirtrider

ajfdirtrider Rockstar

Some states its even illegal to stack blocks. Very unsafe!