Blower motor not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by nutlug, Jun 25, 2012.

1. nutlug

nutlug New Member

I just picked up a 97' Tahoe and no action out of blower so I tested the two wires. Nothing from the hightest setting, but the lower settings all read 12v about ,so I pulled the motor ,tested it runs good so the 12v. I read won't even lite a small bulb The switch ? Any ideas Thanks, Steve

2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Blower motor resister, they are usually the culpret. Its hardend wires, it is usually bolted to the truck with a screw or 2, if the hardened wires are rusted or corroded then that could be the problem, they are around 20 bucks to replace.

3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

blower motor resistor:great:

4. nutlug

nutlug New Member

replaced the resister, still nothing

Ok , So I pull the resister (what a pain) looked ok but I went and got a new one and still no action from blower. Do the speed control switchs ever fail ? Any thoughts? Thanks, Steve

5. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

the fan switch does go bad.

6. nutlug

nutlug New Member

Ok, So I pulled the switch and that was it. If you look real close at the terminals the plastic is a little melted next them, $39 bucks to the dealer and it's good to go . Thanks, Steve

7. Steelhead

Steelhead New Member

I replaced my resistor a few months ago, and the replacement has failed already. The cuicuit board on the resistor had a burn mark on it like the last one. What should I look for now.

8. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

the blower motor may be pulling to many amps

9. Steelhead

Steelhead New Member

How do I fix that?