1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blower motor not working

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by nutlug, Jun 25, 2012.

1. nutlug

nutlug New Member

I just picked up a 97' Tahoe and no action out of blower so I tested the two wires. Nothing from the hightest setting, but the lower settings all read 12v about ,so I pulled the motor ,tested it runs good so the 12v. I read won't even lite a small bulb The switch ? Any ideas Thanks, Steve
  2. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Blower motor resister, they are usually the culpret. Its hardend wires, it is usually bolted to the truck with a screw or 2, if the hardened wires are rusted or corroded then that could be the problem, they are around 20 bucks to replace.
  3. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

blower motor resistor:great:
  4. nutlug

nutlug New Member

replaced the resister, still nothing

Ok , So I pull the resister (what a pain) looked ok but I went and got a new one and still no action from blower. Do the speed control switchs ever fail ? Any thoughts? Thanks, Steve
  5. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

the fan switch does go bad.
  6. nutlug

nutlug New Member

Ok, So I pulled the switch and that was it. If you look real close at the terminals the plastic is a little melted next them, $39 bucks to the dealer and it's good to go . Thanks, Steve
  7. Steelhead

Steelhead New Member

I replaced my resistor a few months ago, and the replacement has failed already. The cuicuit board on the resistor had a burn mark on it like the last one. What should I look for now.
  8. kw70chevy

kw70chevy New Member

the blower motor may be pulling to many amps
  9. Steelhead

Steelhead New Member

How do I fix that?