Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blower Motor RESISTOR Help???

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Bob Urban, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Bob Urban

Bob Urban New Member

95 Tahoe 4wd. Blower stopped the other day and I bought a resistor as it sounds like this is the issue. I attempted to install it today. Seemed like a pretty easy plug in part. My issue is I cannot find it??

I looked at a diagram online that I located from this sites sticky threads and it llooks like it is inside the dash under the heater control panel but after getting in there it looks all sealed up and I cannot see it, let alone replace it and I do not even know for sure that it is even there.

Do I need to remove the whole dash to replace this? Is there a trick? am I in over my head?

Thanks for any help - heat is a nice thing in Michigan this time of year.

Bob Urban
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How to change the blower motor resistor on the 1993 Suburban

Remove the glovebox. I don't know if the 95 has the bracket mounted relays in the way like they are on my 93. The blower motor resistor should be visible as pictured. (pics of my 1993 Burb)
    For the 1993 there were both round and square resistor types. The 1995 has a different style connector.

GLOVEBOX PIC
    [​IMG]

RELAY BRACKET PIC
    [​IMG]

BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR LOCATION (93 model relay)
    [​IMG]

BLOWER MOTOR RESISTOR PIC (95 model)
    [​IMG]
  3. Bob Urban

Bob Urban New Member

Thank you - I will gie that a shot tomorrow. This site is so helpful.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Glad we can help. Take some of your own pics and post them back here. Be sure to check the connector, I've heard a few reports that the overheated resistor burns the connectors.