Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Blower Resistor

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Planmerc51, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Planmerc51

Planmerc51 New Member

so i replaced the blower resistor and the fan started working again but it only works on speeds 1-4 no on 5 what should i look at next

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

****Thread Moved****
    To The
    General Chevy/G.M. Tech Section

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I would check the switch next or take the resistor back out and replug them in again

4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

What year truck are we talking about? My 95 did the same thing. It had a separate fuse for the high speed. It really made me mad when I figured it out, I had been driving around without high speed for around a year.

5. Planmerc51

Planmerc51 New Member

should i have disconnected the battery while i was doing all this or does it matter as long as the ac was turned off

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

[MENTION=51590]Pikey[/MENTION] is right, there is a separate fuse for the high (#5) speed; and it is "hot" all of the time.

Disconnecting the battery is an option if you are not careful with the bare conductors.

7. Planmerc51

Planmerc51 New Member

cool thanks what is the name on that fuse and i could have blown it when i was cutting the wires to the seven pin plug that was melted i thought that since it was off there would be no power till it sparked on me
    thank you everyone for all the help

8. Planmerc51

Planmerc51 New Member

so i searched and found the 40 amp blower fuse under the hood. thank you guys o much for all of your help it worked AC fixed