1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blower stopped working

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by engrsjp1, Sep 25, 2009.

1. engrsjp1

engrsjp1 New Member

Hi all,

I'm new to the Chevy pick-up world, and I need to know where to start with this issue.

My HVAC fan stopped working the other day. The switch seemed to be a little flaky - sometimes the speed did not match the switch setting, and the other day it stopped altogether. No fuses are blown. Does this seem like a switch issue or a resistor issue or a blower motor issue?

Also, there has been water dripping out of the fan housing (or at least that is where it looks like it is coming from). It has been raining for the last few days, and I'm guessing that the cowl is not draining properly. Any ideas how to unplug the spot where it is supposed to drain?

Thanks in advance

BTW - 1998 C1500 silverado Ext. Cab 2WD 5.7L
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  2. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi sounds like you have 2 thinks. one is do you have a text light' unplug the blower motor and see if you have power to the motor. if you do try to ground the motor if it dont start. replace it. hope this helps you out ralph
  3. engrsjp1

engrsjp1 New Member

I don't want to sound too stupid, but what is a text light?
  4. seffieldvillage@aol.com

seffieldvillage@aol.com Rockstar 100 Posts

hi its a light you use to see if you have voltage on a wire. go to any parts store and tell them you want one. they are cheap. maybe 5 to 7 dollars. then ground the one end and stick the other end in the wire. if it lights up its good ralph