1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Blowing Fuel Pump Fuse

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by wmc3, Jan 24, 2012.

1. wmc3

wmc3 New Member

Hello all, I have an 08 silverado 1500, ext cab 5.3L. Got up this lovely cold NY morning, tried to start mt truck and noticed the lack of the fuel pump sound......checked the fuel pump fuse and noticed it was blown. I replaced the 20 amp fuse and it popped instantly. ANY help I can get is much appreciated, since it is about 25 degrees and my truck sits in the driveway!!!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome! You might try posting in the appropriate technical area of these forums as that'll get more eyes on your issue.

3. wmc3

wmc3 New Member

Thnx, new to all of these forums, I will look around for the right place.....

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

***thread moved***

5. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!! Sorry, but I do not know the answer to your question, but I am sure someone here will be able to help.

Good luck!

---------- Post added at 05:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

Thanks Mike!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  6. wmc3

wmc3 New Member

Thanks Mike

7. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome.....We all were new member's once......no harm, no foul.......:glasses:

8. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

X2 wmc3. There are a lot of sections to this forum and it is not always easy to find the exact right place for everything, especially if your new.

We're glad your here! .....I'm sure you'll find some help shortly.

9. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check your o2 sensors and the wiring to them. If the wiring is crack or exposed it will cause that exact issue. If all that looks good there is another wire issue somewhere.

10. Red Z71 Max

Red Z71 Max Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It is possibly The O2 sensor but if that doesn't fix it you may have a bad fuel pump.