1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

blown transmittion i think?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by broah, Jan 5, 2010.

1. broah

broah New Member

i everyone if i can get info on this subject please let me know.

Here it goes i have 06 chevy silverado 1500 4.8L V8 i have 7 inch lift on it 35' tires(lift includes body lift too) i was driving up a 90% angel coming out of work parking structure going about 8mph. All of a sudden it sounded like my back end exploded. 1,2,R work but 3,D dont. i got it towed to the nearest place to my work witch was ammco there doing an internal inspection right now and will have a quote tommarrow on the price to fix it. ammco breifly said there basically rebuilding. i thought i had it regeared thats what the dealership told me but come to find out i dont. i think that had a big part in what happened to me.

Is there anyone out there can give me some advice, pricing to get it fixed, where to get it fixed at & how much higher gears would be tooo if i wanted them.

thanks again for all you guys taking the time to help me out.
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

It sounds like the input sprag exploded. The big tires and high rear end ratio didn't help. After you get it rebuilt call around and get pricing on changing the ring and pinions to a lowr ratio like at least 4.10 or 4.56.