blue bird bus

Discussion in 'North America - Canada' started by poncho08, May 17, 2010.

1. poncho08

poncho08 Rockstar 100 Posts

this is so cool! i was over at my buddies parents place over the weekend halping them clean there yard and they had an old 1969 chevy blue bird school bus in there back forty. i asked them what thay where going to do with it and thay said that they were going to crush it. so i said ill take it if thay didint want it. so now i got a 69 school bus that im going to make into a RV. its got a 350 4 bolt main with a 5 speed stick so sweet hahaha

2. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Does she run???

3. poncho08

when thay parked it in 91 it did lol hope so

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like a project... a fun one though...

5. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Are you going to try and fire the engine?

6. poncho08

going to try this comeing long weekend and see whats going to go wrong lol

7. 2COR517

2COR517 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There are a couple things you can do to improve your success. Pull the plugs, give each cylinder a healthy dose of Deep Creep. It really needs to sit for several hours to work, give em a squirt every couple hours. You can change the oil while you're waiting. And make sure there is lube in the transmission. With the plugs out, try to turn the engine over with a socket on the front pulley. You want to turn it over at least two full turns to give the camshaft and valve train a full cycle. If it turns over OK by hand, a little more DC, then turn it over with the starter, plugs still out. If it sounds OK, and you are building a little oil pressure, put new plugs in and give it a try.

You probably want to pull the dist cap and clean up or replace the points, make sure the cap and rotor are clean and look decent. And to make things easier, get a bucket rigged up with a fitting so you can gravity feed fuel to the carb. That way you're not dealing with pulling crap from the tank.

8. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Should be a fun project! Good luck!

9. poncho08

thax will do

10. SmokeU

SmokeU Rockstar 100 Posts

Have any friends with a nice video camera? I would love to see this project in a documentary format :)