1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

blue headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by pacheco, Apr 14, 2009.

1. pacheco

pacheco New Member

i installed blue headlights on my truck.a few people have told me there illegal is this correct?i've had them about 1 month no issue yet.:glasses:
  2. kaiah723

kaiah723 New Member

are they hid's or just blue bulbs?
  3. drumrob

drumrob New Member

Here in CA they are. I still see them a lot though, just like tint its illegal but everyone has it.
  4. 1_low_rider

1_low_rider New Member

yes blue bulbs are illegal, by law you are not allowed to have any color lights that are the same color or operation as emergency vehicles. you can only have colored lights for show vehicles only that are not driven on the road......if you get a ticket for having them you can say you just left a car show or some event and didnt have time to reinstall your factory bulbs. then you will have to go to court and show your factory bulbs to the judge to prove you no longer have the blue ones installed. I HAVE ALREADY WENT THROUGH THIS TWICE MYSELF. its not a major deal but its a pain in the ass.
  5. pacheco

pacheco New Member

not hid's there bulbs.i've seen some that are a bright blue.mines aren't the bright.
  6. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member 1000 Posts

I've used "blue" bulbs for years with no hassles so far but they will not pass P.A. inspection, I have to swap them out once a year to get my sticker then I just put them back in when I get the truck home!

Attached Files:

7. my friends never had any issues with his monte and he has the deep blue HID's but hes only had em a month or so.

the luxury cars come with them though so whats up with that?
  8. 22inSilverado

22inSilverado New Member

I have deep blue almost a purple hids in my truck and have not had any issues
  9. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero New Member

Blue lights are illegal in most states since emergency/police vehicles use them, blue bulbs should be ok as long as the light is not blue but you might have to prove it to the cops if they see them unlit.

The police if they want will give a ticket for just about anything I got one for the little lights around the tag in the 80's was told emergency vehicles only could have flashing red light.
    Yeah like a black mustang with lights around the tag is going to confuse some poor old lady into pulling over thinking its fire a truck :eek:uch::whip:
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

I have Piaa blue bulbs and they came with DOT stickers. I think there like what comes in newer BMWs and Mercedies. These seem to look blue at adistance but the closer you get they look white. Iread this has something to do with the gases used in the bulbs and they are legal. The inexpensive blue tinted bulbs are illiegal and say for off-road use only in small print on the package the come in.