1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blue Headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by jdickerson83, Aug 20, 2009.

1. jdickerson83

jdickerson83 Member

I've been looking everywhere for some legit blue headlights. Many places advertise "blue" headlights but for whatever reason they are just brighter than most. Anybody know where I can get some legit blue "tinted" headlights for a 94 Silverado?
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have had good luck from the usa sight, I ordered some bulbs for my wifes Breeze and had good results, much better then the PIAA bulbs and these are super cheap, I believe they are the GP thunder, the bulbs are a fainter blue color but the color on the road is purple, much better then the stock

http://www.hidlightsusa.com/
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  3. Stouffer

Stouffer Rockstar 100 Posts

I would a recommend a HID kit for the color you are looking for.
  4. mashburn

mashburn Rockstar

i agree HID's u can choose the tint of blue u want and they are brighter than any after market headlights i know of
  5. 2ToNe04

2ToNe04 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

HIDs imo

also if theyre too blue, the cops might pull you over.

because only emergency vehicles have red or blue lights in the front.... thats what the cop told me :(
  6. jdickerson83

jdickerson83 Member

HALO's

I think I've changed my mind! I've seen those HALO lights running around town and I have fallen in love! I saw some on e-bay and they weren't too expensive. Would a 88-98 Silverado need a conversion kit or can I just buy the HALO headlamp?
  7. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The halo lights can be illegal too, when you have a car oncoming and you see the rings around the light, like a rainbow effect in the air those are illegal so be careful especially with ebay lights
  8. silverado_rock

silverado_rock New Member

agree, you should change the HID kit with 8000K. That would give you blue light.
    if you want the Halo ring, please be careful cause a lot of aftermarket lighting on ebay are low quality.
  9. silverado_rock

silverado_rock New Member

10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had a set of halo headlights in my truck, and they were one of the coolest things I have ever done. <ine were DOA, but check out this link for an interesting tear down and rebuild if you have time.

BTW- I changed my angel eyes from blue to white LED's, because of legality issues and never had a problem in Ohio.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22659