Blue HIDs

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by Prophet1990, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Prophet1990

Prophet1990 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hello everyone, just got my Blue HIDs in the mail, the link below are the exact ones I got and they are working great! They were surprisingly cheap as apposed to some of the other places and sites. Ill post pictures of before and after

http://www.neweggmall.com/Product/2010827260/product.html

2. Randomsoleil

Randomsoleil New Member

love to see a pic after the install

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bet they do look great! Hope to see some pictures when you get it all done!:glasses:

4. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Thise are not HIDs... They are Xenon Gas halogen bulbs... They are a great upgrade from factory bulbs... I've been using Luminics Pure Blue buls on all of my vehicles...

I soon will be gettin HID's from DDM Tuning though...

5. kwalls22

kwalls22 Rockstar

I got a set of 8000k plug and play H.I.D.'s on my 09 silverado and i absolutely love them. They are super bright. The 8000k bulbs are slightly blue which i personally like the best but they have a range of colors out there. The only thing that im not fond of with H.I.D.'s is constantly getting "beamed" because people think i have my high beams on but its whatever well worth the purchase couldn't be happier.

6. Prophet1990

@trition, Oh ok haha so i guess these are just HID "look alikes" then? I guess I was/am a bit confused on which is which but after I looked at the site you linked i found out a bit more but thank you for clearlifying the diffrence :)

@walls, haha yea I went out with the girl right after I pluged them in and well i swore 2 cars flashed at me so i flashed back hahah hoepfully they wont make that mistake twice :p

ok here are the photos they arnt that great but still get the general idea better then the normal plain old yellow :)

the one shot of the lights before that was some what decent had the flash on for some strange reason but all in all for less then 20$ (shipping and handeling included) I am very happy. Love the cheap but effective ways to set my truck appart from so many look alikes!

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  7. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

No prob man... Awesome improvement... :great:

8. Randomsoleil

Randomsoleil New Member

looks good man

9. ejohnson03

ejohnson03 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I installed a set of the Blue Xenon bulbs in my 1994 K1500 and they are bright.

But they are also 100w each, which is causing the Headlamp switch to overheat.:gasp:

I am on my third switch now.

10. Prophet1990

thanks

Thanks everyone! i personaly like driving better at night now