1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blue Smoke at start now while driving.... Not Happy......

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Enkeiavalanche, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well it started about 2 weeks ago At start up in the morning a large blue smoke from the tail pipe.. Did not think much about it Put some Seafoam in this week thinking it might clean it up.. Last night while driving to a friends house at about 70 MPH I looked back and saw a Large Blue smoke cloud behind me I think it went between 4-8 on the motor..:grrrrrr: Not happy.... I checked the oil and was low by 1-2 Qt's I put 1 in for now. (Oil change about 2000 miles away) I know there is a TSB on this and as soon as I get back from my trip the Ol dealership will be getting a call..
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I hope the TSB takes care of it. My cousin had the same issue on a yukon xl. They replaced the valve cover and it fixed it. Hope yours is an simple fix also
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Hey at 90K if they want to replace 1/2 the motor let them.. As long as I'm not paying for it.....:glasses:
  4. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

that sucks! im starting to worry about mine a bit. hasnt had any issues yet, knock on wood.

Alex
  5. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Enkeiavalanche ,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please keep me updated on what you hear from your dealership?

Evan, GM Customer Service
  6. 1953bowtieguy

1953bowtieguy Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Are you sure you dont have a bad head gasket or a cracked head????
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It does not matter what it has. It is under warranty, so the dealer can figure out what it wrong with it.