1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bluetooth Help/ Phone Paired but will not function

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by gamc, Dec 26, 2012.

1. gamc

gamc New Member

I have a company issued Blackberry Bold 9650 and a 2011 Silverado with OS the phone settings are correct per my IT folks and the truck appears to successfully pair with the phone ,BUT it will not function. I have heard there are some soft ware upgrades that can be pushed through OnStar
    Can anybody offer some a solution here as I often have to do con calls while driving
    Many thanks GAMC
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It's the Blackberry. I had problems with my Storm and with the current Torch.
    Let me check my phone and I'll update this post.

Sorry, having trouble find time to look, but here are a couple:

When your paired with the truck, "General Motors" should show in the paired list.
    Select it and go to "Device Properties"
    set trusted at "Yes",
    I have selected "Encrypton", but it will work without, but phone properties must match.
    "Echo Control" is "Automatic"

I'll see if I can get back with the other
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. gamc

gamc New Member

My BB is recognizing the truck as "your vehicle" rather than General Motors
  4. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Haha, ok, I just checked your owner's manual. I guess the "General Motors" was in the '09 trucks, your manual said to look for "Your Vehicle"